In the policyholder‘s capacity as the owner or operater of any motor vehicle or trailer registered to him/her or provided with an insurance plate in his/her name when the policy is taken out or during the term of the policy and as the hirer of any motor vehicle and trailer rented by him/her as a self-drive rental vehicle for temporary use. The insurance cover extends to all persons in their capacity as authorised drivers of or authorised passengers in these motor vehicles.
Coverage includes the following.
- Administrative legal protection in traffic matters
- Compensatory damages
- Contract and property law
- Criminal legal protection
- Disciplinary and professional ethics
- Regulatory offence
- Tax matters before courts
In Germany the job related legal module can only be purchased alongside private legal insurance and covers two aspects of working life.
External affairs, covered by the so-called Professional Rights Legal protection component (German: Berufsrechtsschutz), which is the corner stone of job legal insurance. Scenarios in which this insurance is often used are for
- Disputes with the statutory pension insurance institute
- Disputes with the job center, e.g. because of miscalculated benefits
Internal affairs, that are based on the contractual agreement between employee and employer. This component is the called Labour Law Legal protection, a (German: Arbeitsrechtsschutz) a subcomponent of the professional Rights Legal module and covers:
- Unjustified warning notices or a termination of employment
- Transfers to a different position with less pay
- Wage-, holiday- or overtime issues
- Maternity leave & parental leave matters
Professional Rights Legal insurance is what we often see companies offer, promoting cheap rates, yet tend to “forget” to mention that Labour Law Legal protection is not included and if, with curtailments that can only be spotted by reading the small-print.
Whether the right insurance product has been purchased, a customer will only really ever get to know when having to claim. Foremost 'quality' should predominate 'price' with any insurance product and therefore having a trustworthy broker to find a perfect balance is without doubt a good start … yet checking can never harm - "Franke & Bornberg" ratings will help put your mind at rest or initiate a cancellation procedure, with our help if required.